As this outbreak of COVID-19 continues we are spending more and more time indoors. Working from home, learning from home, socializing from home. For most of us, this quarantine has been difficult, we are forced to stay inside and try to make it our new norm. We are being forced to slow down, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it is a bad thing. Why not use this extra time to try new activities? Or to develop a new hobby? Maybe even to do that thing you said you had no time to do before. This blog is all about at home activities, for those seeking a useful way to spend their time during social distancing. Let’s all collectively try to make every minute indoors gratifying, instead of dreading it. Remember, we are all in this together!
- Facetime is a perfect way to stay social during social distancing! This tool allows us to not feel alone, even if we are physically alone. Call up a friend or family member and catch up with them. You can even make facetime dates with loved ones and put in your schedule, as if it was a real date.
- At home workouts are a perfect activity that benefits both our mental and physical health. Now more than ever we are learning that we don’t need a gym to stay healthy and active. There are so many apps, youtube videos, instagram accounts, that are posting all sorts of at home workouts. You don’t need any gym equipment, just a lot of energy.
- Art is an activity I have been turning to during this quarantine. It is the perfect pastime that has many therapeutic benefits. Whether it be painting, drawing, or making a collage, you will relax and entertain the whole time.
- Reading is a fun activity and the perfect way to pass time in a relaxing manner. It is the perfect time to finish all those novels you once started.
- If you want healthy, glowing skin, you have to work to maintain it. Your skincare routine is an everyday activity that can help you disconnect and relax. When you feel overwhelmed by the shut downs, quarantines, and virus fears, do something to pamper yourself. Apply a facial mask, set a timer, lie back and close your eyes.
- Cooking is an activity that takes to practice to perfect. This is the perfect time to improve our cooking skills and try out new recipes. Go ahead and cook something new for dinner that you normally wouldn’t try.