Tennis is a great summer time fitness activity. It can help you stay active and healthy while having lots of fun. It is a racket sport that can be played individually against another player, or in teams, which in tennis terms is called doubles. The point of the game is to hit the ball in a way that your opponent will have difficulty returning. It really is a sport that requires both physical and mental strength. This popular sport is an Olympic sport that is played by people of all ages. In this blog we will tell you about the top 7 health benefits of this great sport. Get your sweat on!
7 Health Benefits
- Builds Your Endurance: Tennis helps you build stamina and endurance. You have to run from different sides of the court in order to hit the ball. This elevates your heart rate and builds your fitness level.
- Bone Health: Playing tennis on a semi-regular basis can help improve your bone health. Tennis is a moderate to high impact activity where you work with your body weight. This can help build both arm, and leg muscles.
- Heart Health: Much like most physical activities, tennis is a great way to improve your heart health. This sport gets you up and going, which can strengthen the heart muscles.
- Interval Training: In a normal tennis session, you’re constantly running short sprints, despite if it is a competitive match or a friendly game. You are running fast to be able to hit the ball, and then resting as the other play hits the ball back. This is considered interval training and it has lots of health benefits.
- Endorphins: Tennis is a form of exercise that helps release feel good hormones, such as endorphins. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins which triggers a positive feel throughout the body.
- Reduces Stress: Tennis is a great outlet that one can use to reduce stress or any kind of negative emotion. It allows one to have a fun distraction and release all the negative energy from the body.
- Brain Health: Tennis is a great way to train your brain. This sport requires you to be focused and act quickly at all times. You really have to have your head in the game in order to have a good game.