Work, social life, school, sleep, food, how does one balance it all? Time management and online calendars with alerts can help, but sometimes time needs to be taken out to be able to take care of oneself. Self-care is so important nowadays and as one gets older and has more responsibilities. Life can get to be overwhelming and taking time for oneself can help prevent burnout and stay motivated to meet any and all responsibilities. A couple of self-care activities that anyone can participate in are:
- A face mask- these are relatively inexpensive and can rejuvenate the skin after a stressful week
- Naps- a quick twenty minute nap can be enough to relax the brain and give it a boost of energy for the rest of the day
- Coloring- this is most likely an activity that everyone participated in as a child, but coloring can be stress-relieving and allow the brain to express it’s creativity
- Meditation- taking thirty minutes as one’s schedule allows to meditate can allow one to become centered and grounded
- Go to bed early- getting even an extra hour of sleep can help the body reset and allow it to perform at its best for the day ahead
Self-care is a simple activity that takes on many different forms. While it may not seem like a lot, it can sometimes provide lasting and positive results. Incorporating self-care into one’s schedule can provide the abilities and tools to perform at their best each and every day.