As we are currently facing this outbreak of coronavirus, it is easy to start feeling anxious or have increased anxiety. Having go-to self- care activities that you can incorporate into your daily routine can help reduce anxiety. Self-care is a simple activity that takes on many different forms. While it may not seem like a lot, it can have lasting and positive results. Incorporating self-care into one’s daily life can provide the abilities and tools to feel their best everyday. We have made a list of our top five self-care activities we enjoy here at Mole Removal Los Angeles. When you feel overwhelmed by the shut downs, quarantines, and virus fears, do something to pamper yourself. Try these:
1. Hand Scrub and Moisturize: Your hands are likely to feel dry and start cracking from the frequent hand washing and sanitizing. Use coconut oil and brown sugar as hand scrub and follow with a thick hand cream.
2. Face Masks: Apply a facial mask, set a timer, lie back and close your eyes.
3. Body Scrub: Use a body scrub to both buff away the dead skin cells and also to massage away tension you’re likely carrying in your muscles and joints.
4. Shower: A simple shower can make all the difference. Take your time, massage your scalp and clean your face.
5. Meditate: Meditation is a practice that trains one’s mind to be aware. Meditation teaches how to observe your thoughts and feelings in a mindful manner, rather than reacting to them. This practice allows one to develop a healthy sense of perspective by being completely present.